We offer our members health services that help them manage their condition. Apart from health management, this program also involves restorative and rehabilitative services that allow individuals to gradually gain or regain body functions and address issues that may be affecting their ability to form social connections every day.
Optometry services are designed to help improve our members’ vision and eye health. At Four Corners Community Services, our opticians can help our members find the right prescription for eyeglasses and measure their faces, eyes, and distance of their pupils to ensure that their eyeglasses fit properly. We can repair and replace eyeglasses as needed and educate the members on how to properly care for their contact lenses or glasses.
Our occupational therapists help individuals with mental, emotional, and physical disabilities in their development and rehabilitation by planning and administering appropriate services. Occupational therapy services are provided to help individuals develop or regain their mental or physical functioning as well as help them adjust to their disabilities. This program is provided to promote a person’s independence by creating care plans that involve therapies and activities that consider their physical capacity, intelligence level, and interests. Our occupational therapy program includes the following:
- Manual arts and crafts
- Practice in functional, pre-vocational, vocational, and homemaking skills
- Foster activities of daily living
Physical therapy is provided to alleviate pain, prevent disabilities, and restore an individual’s physical functions. This involves an evaluation of our members’ conditions and creating a treatment plan that is suitable to address their issues. Depending on their needs, we may prescribe manual exercises, provide massages, and use a piece of equipment. We also monitor members’ health and improvements and create adjustments in their treatment plans if needed. Since some members who benefit from physical therapy need prosthetic and orthotic devices, our physical therapists also evaluate the type, fit, and progress as they use these devices. When needed, we can also recommend modifications and adjustments.
Our Behavioral Services are optimal in promoting our members’ ability to manage their condition. At F.C.C.S, our behavior services and interventions are personalized, promoting their ability to deal with their issues and improve their interaction with others. In our agency, behavioral monitoring and data collections will be supervised by a Behavioral Analyst (BCBA/BACB).
We understand that dealing with a disability can be emotionally draining for our members. For this reason, our behavioral health professionals offer counseling services. During sessions, members can freely express their thoughts and work with a professional in understanding their issues and addressing their problems.
Natural Supports Training
Our natural supports training is offered by a Registered Nurse (RN). With this, members are educated on how to properly manage different daily living tasks and use varying assistive devices to address their special needs. This program involves the following services:
- Training on the use of AT device
- Training on a Hoyer lift (adaptive equipment)
- Training on ambulation/transfer techniques
- Training on dietary/eating techniques
- Training on diabetes management
- Training on Gastrointestinal Tube (G-Tube) use
- Training on other medical devices
Health Maintenance and Coordination Program
Our Health Maintenance and Coordination program assists families and individuals to coordinate and maintain their health and wellness. We work with doctors, insurance companies, clinics, laboratories, and other medical providers in the community, allow our members to focus more on quality time with their families and integrate into the community without a healthcare gap. This program consists of but not limited to:
- Assess medications and health/medical diagnosis and develop individual treatment plans
- Continue monthly nursing monitoring
- Assist with scheduling appointments and arranging transportation
- Educate members on how to adhere to treatment and medication.
- Manage member medication via a pharmacy portal
- Educate and follow up with a member/guardian on health status, progress, and case records
- Monitor services provided and complete all the necessary case documentation
- Educate, counsel, and assist the members in the understanding of their health and medical diagnoses
- Teach the member/guardian methods and behaviors to be virally suppressed
- Collaborate with medical treatment providers and pharmacies on a member’s behalf
- Assist the members with medical follow-ups for all hospitalizations and discharge planning
- Update the support coordinators on all medication changes, diagnoses, and health indispositions
- Educate on diet-based or healthy meal choices
- 24/7 access to an on-call nurse for all medical questions and assistance
If you have more questions for us, please do not hesitate to call or send us a message.